Week 7 Blog
We now have several performances behind us and the response has been wonderful. Cheers and gasps can be heard from many if not all of you. Sometimes just one of you can be heard reacting especially loudly to a scene. Either way the show has now hit its stride and it has been great to see how you guys have been enjoying it.
Your reactions to Benedick and Beatrice's relationship have been particularly interesting. Whether they are about to embrace or about to fight all of you seem to have something to say about it. We would love to know more of what you thought as this weeks Review challenge down below is a great opportunity to let us know.
NEW BRIEF AVAILABLE – Review
Many theatre productions are reviewed by members of the press, who attend a performance and comment on the creative elements that come together on stage during a performance.
Theatre critic Van Badham has provided some top tips for reviewing a play. If you've seen Much Ado About Nothing, or are planning to attend, why not read our brief and send us your review.
Van's top tips are:
1. Establish a context. What is the name of the show? Where is it on? Why is it happening?
2. Give us a sense of how the show works. What are the choices the director has made?
3. Give an evaluation. Look at intention and then look at realisation.
4. Make a verdict. Was it alright? Was it great? Would you recommend it to your friends?
5. Most importantly, above all else be honest and have fun!
Now download the Reviewing Brief on the right. Once you are done email your review to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may feature it on the site.